Sunday, November 28, 2021

Visited after Forty years

 A little known outlet which serves delectable meals since almost four decades and being in existence even for now with all that nostalgic taste located at Charla. A small town just 45 km away from Bhadrachalam. My recent visit to the place on a personal work compelled me to see the hotel which I have visited almost forty years before to have had the meals. Then I was naturally an young lad and my senses recorded the quality of gastronomic offerings. First I was a bit doubtful of its existence whether it got survived against the odds of time. Yes, it was there in the same humble place with modest furniture. In fact, it's a house cum hotel sort as first two rooms were allotted for customers and remaining ones for the purpose of kitchen and domestic life of the owner's family.

It strictly serves only vegetable meals. No alteration made in these days also. A young man came to me and took lunch order courteously. Perhaps he should have been the offspring of the owner I  met him some forty years back. A wry smile flashed on my lips. I am sure that nobody can decipher its true meaning. Some best moments are to be cherished. Not to be revealed. He served steamy rice, broad beans curry, potato fry, mango chutney, appadam and sambar. The same nostalgic smell of a simple and delicious meal. Rasam is also brought forth along with a glass of curd. Adjoined a gulab jamoon as a finishing touch delight. What else should be needed..? , nothing and I devoured all the meals with a note of utmost satisfaction.

Customers were coming in with due interval and all they looked like repeated lot. There was no rush or unnecessary spree of token taking etc., a small board kept inside the first room reads Mohan Vilas so on. It made me chuckle that I have now recalled the hotel owner's name. In those days also, people called it as Mohan hotel but no board was seen outside like it does with others. His very name was enough in that small town for a mouth smacking meal. I wanted to unravel the best kept secret to this present hotel owner to test how he would respond over the amazing fact. On informing it when I was coming out, he flushed and blurted out something excitedly. There was a gaze transfixed at me, for a little while. I took leave of him as there were customers waiting for the lunch. How couldn't I resist taking some pics of the unforgettable moments..?

2 comments:

  1. Isn't that just wonderful that after 40 years you experienced the same delightful service and delicious food. A moment to definitely savour.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your visit and comment.